Fire in Bradley’s trailer park may have strange aspect to it
ELDORADO—We had been hearing all day today (since about 1:30 a.m., actually) about a trailer in Eldorado that burned overnight, killing the occupant.
And we felt like there was something odd about it, but couldn’t confirm it until in recent hours.
By now most everyone knows what happened overnight, 10.16.12. We’ll let you hear it straight from ‘rado Fire Chief Mike McKinnies, who has posted this on his Facebook about the incident:
Eldorado FD was called out to a report of a mobile home on fire at 1109 Garfield St., Eldorado. Upon arrival neighbors advised that they thought the owner was home. Firefighters packed up, took out the back door, and made entry to the rear of the trailer. The occupant, Karen Ann Sutton age 58, was found at the foot of the bed. She was removed by firefighters and CPR was started. Dispatch was advised to send EMS. Medforce came on scene and she was transported to Ferrell Hospital where she was later pronounced (dead). Coroner Jerry Doug Watson arrived and removed the body. No smoke detector was found. Family has been advised of her passing.
The trailer park where this residence was located belonged to city employee Billy Bradley, goodbuddy of ‘rado mayor Rocky James, and we thought maybe there was a lot of buzz about this devastating fire because of that fact. But that wasn’t why folks kept getting messages to us about it.
Finally, this afternoon, we learned from neighbors who have been watching the action all day that there was indeed something unusual about the fire.
While the reports indicate that the fire was originated in the hallway of the trailer between two bedrooms, these neighbors have confirmed with authorities involved in the investigation that when first responders arrived on the scene to access the building, they had a hard time getting in because of a sofa having been pushed in front of the door to block it…which is what forced responders to get into the trailer via the rear door.
They have also confirmed that while the fire is not believed to have originated in the bedroom, there was a lighter found in Ms. Sutton’s hand. Neighbors weren’t able to confirm what kind of lighter; only that there was one found. Whether this is of any significance or not is unknown at this time. However, taken together with the sofa blocking the door, it is indeed strange.
The fire marshal continues to investigate; if we learn anything further, we’ll bring it.
Short URL: http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/?p=15932